Friday 8 October 2010

Music Video Animatic Timeline

Basic Timeline
I created a timeline of my music video which helped me make my animatic.  This plan is shown below:



I sectioned out the song into different parts.  For example, verses, the chorus, pre-chorus and the bridge.  I then went through the timings and wrote down a rough draft of what will happen in my video.


Animatic Plan
I then created a post-stick note for every part of my video.  This basically allowed me to lay out a plan of my music video with pictures, showing the storyline and where certain shots will go.  I also wrote down the lyrics on each post-stick note, the timings underneath the notes and also some effects I may use.


 


The beginning is basically setting the scene.   It shows various shots leading up and inside a house.  It also shows band shots, where the light will be made to hide the band members identities.



The next page shows a girl sleeping, and the band members are revealed.  The lyrics start, so performance kicks in.  And you also see the girl wake up.








This page shows the girl moving downstairs.  It will have a fading shot of her going downstairs to create a surreal effect.  Again, band shots will be used, including close-ups of the singer.





This page included a close up of some of the performers instruments.  It also shows the girl going towards the garden door, and walking into the garden.










This part is showing the girl moving through the garden and she goes to go through a large bush.






She then appears in a surreal place.  Almost like 'The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.'
I then have about 3 different camera shots, all of which are a further distance from the girl.  This will set the scene and show where she is.









This page shows the girl wondering through the forest, and I will use a fade effect to show her moving through.  This will keep the surreal effect. 
.






This page shows the girl starting to walk further into the forest.  I will use a range of different band shots throughout the video.








The next page shows the girl, again wondering through the forest.  I'm going to use the fade technique to merge a couple of shots together which will keep the dream-like feel to it








This page shows a figure behind the girl.  I will use a fast pan shot to move around the both of them.  I will also use to close-up footage of the instruments.










This slide shows the figure behind the girl.  It then shows her turning around, but the figure disappears.








The next page shows the band head banging on the beat of the song, as well as the girl running away.








This page shows the girl spinning which relates to the lyrics.  It also shows more figures, and the girl running.  As well as a front view of the singer.








This part shows the girl running, and lots of closeups of the band.








This part involves a pan around both the figure and the girl. I will probably make this slow motion.  It also shows the girl being cornered by the figures.










This page shows the figures closing in from the girls point of view.  She the blacks out, with the screen fading to black.










This one then shows the girl's vision is back and the figures gone.  It then shows her getting up and running away.  It also shows the singer from front view.








I will be using a lot of different angles and effects for the running.  I may also play with the lighting for the final part of the song with the band performance.








Here, it basically shows the girl arriving at the bush area where she entered the forest.








It then shows her turning back, with the figures staring at her.  She then moves through and arrives in the garden she came from at the beginning.  I will be using the lights to darken the band performance room at the end.


Evaluation:
When creating my A3 post-stick notes, I did end up changing the timings quite a lot.  I also changed the order in which certain events/performances happen.  This is because I felt it fit better, and I also came up with more ideas during the post-stick note creation.


No comments:

Post a Comment