Thursday 10 March 2011

Evaluation [Part 3]

3) What have you learned from your audience feedback?


Graph Statistics:
When we held a public screening at our school, we encouraged the audience to fill out short forms so that we could use this. I recieved a total of about 42 result forms. Below are the results, (4 being the highest, 1 the lowest) and my opinions of them.


The majority of the audience voted a 3 for if I had edited sound and image appropriately, and this was followed by a 4.  This means that I got good feedback for how well my film flowed.  However, 9% voted a 2, this meant that I may not have made it clear enough.  However, I would suggest that in a way, dreams may not make sense, and this is reflected in my video.  To improve, maybe I should of added more effects to create that surreal reality.




The 54% of the audience voted a 3 for if the video had a clear meaning and 21% voted 4 .  However, 23% voted a 2, this meant that I may not have made it clear enough.  Although, dreams are not supposed to make sense and that is what my video was based on.






I have good results below to how well I used my special effects. 49% voted 3, and 37% voted a 4.  The effects I used in my video was very subtle, with high contrast on the dream and many fade in/out effects to keep the flow of time moving.
However, few results are in the 2 / 1 boundary.  In my opinion, some of the audience may not have noticed the effects I had used.




I have good feedback for how steady were the shots.  However, 5% of the audience voted a 2 for the steadiness of my results.  


This confused me.  I filmed the majority of my film using a tripod, and only a couple of shops shake intentionally.










Again, I got very good results for my choice of locations, except for the 7% which voted a 2.  Sadly, no one left any additional comments about this question, so I am not sure what the audience would have preferred with the choice of locations.




Again, I have 93% of votes in the 4/3 boxes.  7% of the audience voted a 2 for how well framed were my shots.


In my opinion, I agree with the 3/4's of my video.  This is because there are certain shots which give a certain feel to the video and I believe I achieved this through how the shots were framed and what angle I filmed them from.


When I saw the results for this question, it made me wonder if the audience completely understood.  I thought this because 9% voted a 2 for how varied were my shots.  But because my storyline is a continuing flow of time, the girl is never in the same area for the majority of shots.  I mixed various different types of shots throughout my whole video, and even the band shots were very varied.  I completely disagree with the 9% that voted a 2 for this question.


Here I did get good results for the lighting.  However, through various comments I received through the videos below, and the problems I faced whilst creating the video night scenes, I agree with the 5% that voted 2, but for different reasons.  Yes, the lighting was appropriate at the night scene, because it emphasises that fact that she is asleep, however I had to use many lighting effects in Premiere Pro to brighten it up.
To have improved this, I could have started filming earlier so it was easier to see on camera.


Below is a video I made in which I have filmed some of my peers giving video feedback.  I asked them to tell me what they liked, and what I could improve on.  I also included the graphs which show statistics given from the audience at the Public Screening we held at school as well as peers.


Here I have included some further peer feedback.


I feel that peer feedback is helpful because they understand the task and how we had to create it.  They were not afraid to say what was good and bad, and what I could have improved on.

No comments:

Post a Comment