Wednesday 8 September 2010

Bloodhound Gang - Bad Touch Music Video Remake

Music Video Remake

Music Video Comparison



Evaluation:
From remaking the first part of the music video The Bloodhound Gang – Bad Touch, I have learnt many factors to using the programme Adobe Premiere Pro CS3, which is what I will be working with to make my final music video.

When we started the project, I had a fair idea about the basics of the programme.  For example, I already knew how to cut, copy, paste and delete clips through using Windows Movie Maker at home. 
However there were many things I learnt in the process of creating the clip.  When we first opened the new project, our teacher told us how to format the video to a widescreen setting to match our camera setting, and also how to import clips.


Video Effects/Editing:
I also used a couple of effects for my video.  This included adjusting the clips to crop them down, and zooming into a specific clip.  


To crop clips, I went to the Video Effects Folder in the Effects panel, Transform > Crop which allowed me to cut down clips. Using the sliders allows you too cut the clips down from each side.



I then used the Motion Panel to resize the cropped clips so that they filled the movie window.  This allowed me to match my clips to the original music video more accurately.  I used the crop and motion tools for the majority of the clips which could have slowed the production of the video down.


To create a zoom effect on a couple of my clips, I used the Motion > Scale tool.  This is a tool that lets you zoom into a clip over a time period.  This allowed me to match the original videos zoom effects.


Filming:
When we filmed the clips as a group, the main actor had to learn the lines to the song for certain clips.  In a couple of cases, these lines didn't match the real lyrics identically, therefore this made the production of the video slower.  I had to carefully cut the clips down to try and keep it lip synced, but in some cases, this was almost impossible to match perfectly.  We also missed a couple of clips out, and made up for these by using other clips.

When it did come to editing, you could really see the errors we had made.  In some clips, the camera wasn't held steady and we also wasn't clear on all of the camera angles.

I think that the actors did very well because there were a lot of actions involved in making this clip which caused laughter and did slow the filming down.  It was also very hot for the actors who had to wear the costumes.

 

I think that overall, we did well as a team in filming the video.  We had a low budget to create the costumes and props for the video, but they do work well.  Also, a majority of the group had a turn in filming at some point so that everyone has an idea of how to use the cameras.

Improvements:
I think that to improve next time in making my own music video, I will aim to keep each video clip held steady (if needed) so that the camera does not shake, or even use a camera stand.  I will also make sure that the actors who must lip sync are saying/singing the lyrics correctly, to the correct time so that it helps me to create a good music video.

When we created this music video remake, the only preparation we used was a storyboard with each clip a timeline.  To improve this we could of rehearsed beforehand and have written down a shot list.  When I create my music video, I will be using both of these and know that I will have to be patient while filming and editing my video.

No comments:

Post a Comment